Monday, September 8, 2008

Father-son bonding

Yesterday, being Fathers Day, i spent some quality unplanned time with my Pa.

On my way to work i had a flat tyre and together we changed the flat. For the first time in my life, and with my Father doing the majority of the work, the latest burden of Cecil's was amended.

The whole episode reminded me of the games of snooker my Dad and i used to have. On the back of receiving a pair of snooker cues for my 21st, beating my Dad at snooker became a routine i enjoyed thoroughly.

Firstly, i enjoy playing snooker. Secondly, beating Dad is always fun. Finally, hanging with Dad, is better then my first two points.

As a Father i want to have a similar relationship i have with my Dad with my kids. On Fathers Day (pretend i wrote this on Sunday) I'm not sure i could give a better compliment.

No comments: