Monday, September 22, 2008

An Exciting Day

Toady i investigated a new ministry position for next year.

From here on in the advertising for good, bad and extremely unappealing youth ministry positions increase dramatically.

But the question remains... Why do i want to get back into youth ministry? (i expect/hope i will get asked this a few times over the next few months)

For me, the answer is rather simple.

First, it come down to the role that God has in my life. We are placed in this world, as believers, to do two things. Live out the Great Commandment - love the Lord you God with all you heart, soul, mind and strength and love your neighbour as you love yourself - and the Great Commission - go and make disciples of all nations.

For me, with the talents and skills God has nurtured in me, i think these two things are best served in the sphere of paid ministry (please don't read this as saying that it should be for everyone, i don't think this is the case).

Secondly, i think I'm pretty effective in the role of leading a youth ministry (hopefully I'm not deluding myself!).

Thirdly, i have a passion for the job.

It sure kicks the hell out of reading water meters...

No comments: