Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Christian Fish... Why?

I followed a car home part of the way from work and its decoration caught my eye. The car, a Cressida none the less, had a Christian fish on the back windshield.

The whole episode made me wonder... What's the point?

Is the symbol meant to be an evangelistic device? Are people meant to pull up beside you and ask you to tell them the gospel?

Is it a device to keep you honest? Are people meant to watch you extra closely because you're a follower of Christ?

Is the sticker meant to keep you on your best behaviour? Doesn't the Holy Spirit do that?

Either way, does it just annoy people like "Baby on Board" signs? Not making a difference how you drive, nor making a difference to other motorists.

I know i wouldn't put a Fish sticker on my car. It would kill the re-sell value. It would plummet from $1000 to $990. I need the ten bucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well back in the bible days people used to use the sign to indicate to others that they were Christian?
I guess the same thing applies with the sticker on the car?
Seems odd when you could just act like a christian, or even just tell people.
But hey. If the sticker is on your car you should probably be making sure that at all times you're not flipping people off, cutting them off or just generally driving like a maniac!