Monday, August 31, 2009

Church hope-spectacles

I keep finding that I'm a cynical, pessimistic chap (I'm looking forward to being a grumpy old man).

Expect (I hope) when it comes to the church...

A few weeks ago i was challenged to view the church through a lens of hope.

To look for the rays of light that exist amongst the pews. To search for the people who "get it." To celebrate the ideas and congregations that are thriving.

Why?

Because I want to see the church in light of God. That He works despite the negatives that exist within. That there are faithful saints who are worth "sticking around for."

I want to believe that the church actually makes a difference in the lives of its members and creates a positive change in the world.

Sometimes you just need to look past the negatives to the hopefulness...

No comments: