Monday, September 19, 2011

Where is this relationship going?

In the past I wrote that the process of being interviewed and agreeing to work for a church was similar to dating and finally "getting hitched."

Last week I sat down with someone from church and had a chat about where our relationship was going.

Do we have a long-term future together?
Where do we see ourselves in a few years?

Due to my soon-to-be-changing life stage and church staffing change this discussion was thrust into the spotlight.

The conversation (and note that is was a quite informal, not a I'm-renewing-my-resume showdown) was really positive and something which should be on the agenda for churches every few years.

When life throws up a transition, and it will every so often, it helps to know the lay of the land...

No comments: