Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Committed to whom?

I will turn up to church because they will be there...
I'll be around on Sunday because he's preaching...
I'll definitely be there, since X is doing something.

Have you been guilty of saying the above statements?

If someone at church wasn't involved, how would this effect your church attendance?

Would you stay home?

What if they disappeared altogether?
What if they moved away or were struck by lightening?

Would you stop going?

Really, the questions revolves around who or what you are committed to. Are you committed to a personality at church or the connection you have to the God that you meet at church?

2 comments:

kim said...

lol remember the mass exodus after neil left

Graham B said...

I do. I hoped it wasn't anything against me!. The sad reality is that it's not uncommon whenever a long-term leader departs.