Friday, March 4, 2011

Fun in the studio

Yesterday I drove home from a leadership conference (over the next week I'll post the things that popped into my mind over the last few days) and I had the radio on in the background.

Two blokes had on an exotic animal trainer and it sounded like they had a blast with the animals in the studio.

But it was really rough to listen to.

Due to the craziness, fear and animal excrement, a sizable chunk of the segment was spoken from an unhelpful distance from the microphones.

The two guys had a heap of fun in the studio. I didn't in the car.

It reminded me of an important lesson for churches... Remember your audience. We need to remember that what we do shouldn't be primary for our comfort or enjoyment. It should be for those we are trying to reach.

Otherwise it could look like we are engaged and having a great time, but those who are on the outside will find it confusing and abrasive.

No comments: