Monday, June 14, 2010

Unplanned dancing

Yesterday, whilst giving the sermon, i danced in church. Twice.

I was describing an Old Testament story and when i was explaining the scene i had an open debate. I debated weather or not i break out and dance. In my notes i was just going to tell the story, show the connection and move on. No exhibitions of dancing were to be displayed.

I knew that as soon as i wondered if i was going to dance i backed myself into a corner. So dance i did.

And i think it helped the point i was making.

Hardly any of my sermons are delivered the precise way i type them or exactly how i practice. I'm now comfortable with that. When i started preaching it bothered me.

Now, an impromptu moment will regularly arise. it may be a joke. Or a connection to something that happens during the service. Yesterday, it was dancing.

No comments: