Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The hurt list

I've been thinking about some of the things i wrote in this post, spurned on by a bloke i can across who has a "hurt list." This list is all the ramifications of him failing in ministry. All the people he would hurt and all the pain he would cause himself due to the consequences.

My hurt list?

My wife, marriage stability, future children, family, current church, former churches, the people i worked with at churches, current and former church friends, youth group leaders, former youth group leaders, church kids, former church kids...

Then there is shame, guilt, pain, embarrassment, sadness, unemployment, uncertainty, financial strain and possible divorce.

I would probably need to change this blog. Or at least explain what has happened. I would need to go back to a job like reading water meters since my qualifications and work history would be pretty much useless outside of church circles.

And that is just off the top of my head... I'm sure there is more pain that i couldn't even think of.

No comments: