Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Leading with friends

While i noticed that tomorrow I'll be leading newbies, i hope this is something that is replicated shortly at a new church.

But the (hopefully) new situation will also flow onto (hopefully again) new leaders. And it got me thinking...

What would happen if the incumbent youth ministry leaders didn't like the new youth minister? What (if you could imagine!) they don't like me, or (the impossible) my darling wife?

More importantly... Would we need to get along? Sure it's better, but is it necessary? Is it compulsory?

I'm not sure where i exactly fall on the issue. I've never had to, to my knowledge, face it and in theory, unless I'm an outright jerk straight off, it shouldn't flare up soon.

But i wonder... Do you play hard ball and tell everyone to get along? Do you cover up the situation from the kids? How long do you let an lingering ill feelings go on? Hmmm...

No comments: