Monday, February 2, 2009

Eulogising a co-worker

After yesterday i figured should give my 2c about the bloke who invaded my office a few short years ago.

I will keep it short because there is a kitten sitting on the keyboard and typing around a feline is problematic (but it is kinda cool that my pet can sit on the keyboard and not weigh enough for any of the keys go down...)

In a sentence... Liam made me want to do my job better. Much better. There were moments, all too often, that i would sit in awe of what he was doing and see the need to "lift my game."

With his increasing tech knowledge, creative production values, pastoral commitment and organisation, he (at times) had me shake my head at my non-sound desk proficiency, comic-sans fonted, blank background PowerPoint, indifferent personal connection and sloppy rosters.

I hope at my next church there is someone else as on-the-ball as Liam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was always playing solitare until I heard you come into the office.