Monday, February 9, 2009

A kick in the guts with perspective

Yesterday i found out what happened to the youth and young adult position that was being being created for me. A promising start of somewhere between 20-35 hours was whittled down to only 15. Darn.

I will still have a sit down chat, and if the timetable and direction of ministry work out then i may still work there, but it's not what i was hoping for... still reading water meters...

But the news has given me some perspective. As happened last time a possible ministry position fell through, i only need to look around to see that things aren't really that bad...

Last time it was a funeral. This time it's fatal bush fires.

I still have my family. I still have my darling wife. I still have a place to live. I still have all my possessions. I still have my job despite the economic crisis. Today a lot of people don't.

A little perspective helps...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that man. That sucks big time.
I'll be praying.