Sunday, July 3, 2011

Toffy Apple perks

On Friday I had to borrow money to buy a toffy apple (I lost my wallet on the way back from last week's intensive).

I didn't need to buy a toffy apple, but it seemed to made a difference to the teenager who received it.

She had just got her braces off and that was a food she said she had missed.

But I didn't NEED to get her a diabetes inducing treat. If she wasn't one of the leaders in our children's ministry, I may not have.

But there is an advantage of being in leadership. You get more attention. The input into your life is more focused since the output asked is greater.

If the cost of having a happy, valued leader is begging my minister for a personal loan, then the price is worth it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Good for you. I came across this word of wisdom. IT goeslike this:

IF you want to be happy for an hour, take a nap
If you want to be happy for a day, go fishing
If you want to be happy for a month, go on a honeymoon
If you want to be happy for a year, inherit a fortune
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, help someone :)