Sunday, July 31, 2011

The funnest room at church

I'm currently writing this at church and it looks like a $2 store exploded in my office. As time elapses, more and more miscellaneous junk accumulates in my workspace.

My office has sombreros, punching alien pens, neighing toy horses, pinatas, a purple top hat, electronic drum sticks, garden gnomes, foam swords, pirate flags, a slowly turning disco light and balls of every shape and description (these are just some of the random things I can just see from my desk). Oh, and a strange gyroscopic-spinning plane thingy.

Most of it is crap that I don't need. Leftovers from various events. If the office burnt down tomorrow I wouldn't lament the loss of my orange traffic cone, white fluffy cushion or graduation hats.

But if you want fun, my office should be the first stop.

I do wonder if all the bells and whistles help my ministry or just make it seem that I'm a sideshow. How would an outsider learn about my job from just looking around my office? Could they tell what I actually do? What message does my office send to a parent who glances in?

I don't think my office should be a furnished like a beige jail cell, but I sometimes wonder what my office communicates...

No comments: