Friday, July 1, 2011

Conference change

I've just got back from the final two days of a conference, thus the lack of posts, and I would be disappointed if all I judged was the information deposited into my head.

When I signed up for the intensive, this is was I anticipated. Information download. Facts, figures, formulas.

But this course was different. It was beneficial in an alternate manner.

They pushed an intentional element of reflection, group support and application. The course was geared for change, not just intellectual development.

And that annoyed me.

Intellectual development is simpler. It is less messy.

But life change is the true goal.
True for conferences.
True for leadership.
True for preaching.
True for churches that spread the transforming message of Jesus.

Not mere intellect enhancement.

No comments: