Saturday, May 7, 2011

Why do I deserve to be listened to?

I wrote plenty of statements in my last post that should have some dedicated readers hitting unsubscribe.

I have only been in youth ministry for five years. I have never worked full-time for a church. I have never worked at a church longer than 28 consecutive months.

So... Why the heck should anyone care what I think about ministry, teenagers or the church?

I'm no expert. Not even close.

If I walked into a book publisher and suggested that they should hire me to write a book, I would be laughed out of the building. In the past, I would have no chance on being on anyone's radar.

Today, anyone with time and a computer can have a voice. That's why I started this blog.

And that's the beauty of today. People you would never have heard of can add value to your life. I read heaps of blogs. The majority are of people who I would never be exposed to normally.

Sometimes they drop nuggets of gold. Sometimes they give me great ideas or links to brilliant resources.

So... Do I deserve to be listened to (unless you know me and want an insight into my small slice of the world)? Not really.

But I'm okay with that and it continually blows my mind that others read anyway...

No comments: