Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Random Graham

I previously mentioned a blog here which also has a post tiled "100 truths about me." I'm not inspired enough to write 100, but wanted to give you a greater insight into who I am and the list I came up with this morning was...

1. My first ever sermon was given at
Katoomba Anglican Church. The passage was Hebrews 12:1-2. I had the entire sermon memorised.
2. My first pet, a bird named Sam, was found hung in his plastic ladder by my sister when she was around 10 years old. He is still buried in the back garden with the ladder around his neck.
3. I've owned three cars in my life. Cecil, Gerald and Big Red. Gerald was crap.
4. I've kept a daily diary for the last 14 years.
5. I chew quietly to myself when I sleep. I'm told, so does my sister. It must be a genetic thing...
6. My first kiss was in a park. Her name was Rachel.
7. My first kiss was my wife was on a dance floor. A seedy, seedy dance floor.
8. The place my parents got married is now a car park.
9. I went on schoolies three times.
10. I returned from my first schoolies with bright yellow hair.
11. Subsequently, I had bright yellow hair on my 18+ proof-of-age card.
12. My first cat never died. He just disappeared.
13. I used to wear one hard contact lens in my left eye.
14. I wore glasses in primary school. To help strengthen my lazy right eye I had a yellow smiley patch over my left. The look was not attractive.
15. I almost always cry when I watch Forrest Gump or the final episode of M.A.S.H.
16. I've kept all the letters my wife has ever written me in my bedside table.
17. I still have the sign in sheet from my first week at youth group. I was in year 6.
18. I once had the name Graham Baldcock on a boarding pass. When this is a rugby trip, the name sticks.
19. When I was a teenager I cut up a heap of my childhood photos to make a collage for Mum. I never did make the collage.
20. When I was a kid I slept with a seal.
21. I used to be deathly afraid of Freddy Kruger as a kid. I watched "
Nightmare on Elm Street 3" at my sister's birthday party.
22. I can name every WWF/E champion from 1978 to approx 1999. I can also name every Wrestlemania main event for the first 20 years.
23. My Mum would stroke my nose to put me to sleep. It still works to this day.
24. My first job was working at a deli.
25. I had the name "weasel" on the back of my year 12 jersey.
26. I sing in the shower.
27. It annoys me that I can't pronounce my name.
28. When I cry at my child's birth it will be as much about become a father as it will be that my Dad won't be around to see it.
29. I flirted with the idea of getting tongue surgery to fix my speech impediment.
30. I only had one girl friend before dating my wife.
31. I used to steal cigarettes from Mum and Dad to smoke at the park in year 6.
32. I used to steal loose chance from Dad to buy micro machines.
33. My two favourite authors are Agatha Christie and Valerio Massimo Manfredi.
34. I have a chipped tooth. I chipped it biting into a chocolate freckle.
35. I can't ride a bicycle.
36. I couldn't swim confidently until I was 17.
37. I've read through the entire bible twice. The first time took me 1 year, 8 months, 10 days.
38. I've never been in a fight.
39. As a kid, I once put a knife into a toaster. There were sparks.
40. Years ago, I got a mobile phone from Dad when mine stopped working. It still has a video he took of my niece. You can hear my Dad's voice in the background. I miss his laugh.
41. My Dad and I both got snooker cues for my 21st. I beat him at snooker. Often.
42. I once broke a water pipe connected to someones water meter. I just kept walking.
43. I was paralysed for a short time when I was hit over the head with a pillow.
44. I've had my appendix removed. And three of my wisdom teeth.
45. I've never used a razor to shave my face.

2 comments:

Tony Jones said...

#37 - how long did it take you the second time?

#44 - my appendix has been removed, and I just need to make the appointment to get 3 wisdom teeth out as well.

#45 - is that because like me, you're not manly enough to grow a proper beard?

Graham said...

The second time was a one year bible reading plan.

As for the beard, I haven't shaved for the last three weeks (due to acting in the Easter Experience and holidays) and don't need to till Easter. Let's just say that my facial hair at the moment is... patchy.