Monday, January 31, 2011

I like riding yellow unicorns in the pale moonlight

In days gone past i used to share a tradition with a mate. Whenever we had to leave the table at the pub to "freshen up" we would leave our mobile phones behind. As you do, we would send random text messages to other people (nothing offensive, just a little odd).

So... I once sent "I like riding yellow unicorns in the pale moonlight" to a lecturer of his bible college.

It was his own fault... He had his number in his phone.

And this is one of the reasons i don't have the numbers of church teenagers in my phone. It avoids odd messages.

But seriously, it covers my back and ties into some of the ideas of leader net-etiquette.

With the absence of any youths numbers, it is far easier to be seen to be above board in your communication. If you don't have their numbers easily and constantly available, then there is a far smaller threat of anything suspect.

Sure, i get the occasional messages from kids and am uncertain of the sender, but the cost or maintaining solid boundaries is worth it.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I'm sure Andy loved it.