Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good intentions, bad communication

This week is full of apologies... From me.

As i reflect more on 2010, i see that i made a progressively erroneous turn.

All because i had good intentions. Just bad communication.

I forget an important rule about my leaders (that being that they are great and were running the youth ministry before i arrived).

So...
I took more on board in term 4 cause they had university exams (good intention), but didn't adequately explain why they were now doing less (bad communication).
I invited the local High School Chaplin to give a talk when i was away (to see if his presence would draw in more students from his school... a good intention), but sent the message that the group would be less without me (bad communication).
I involved the Senior Minister more (to help connect his kids... good intention), but kidnapped the perceived authority that my leaders had in the eyes of the kids (REALLY bad communication).

Despite what Timberland says, this week i hope it's not too late...

No comments: