Monday, January 3, 2011

Crisis of faith Vs Crisis of belief

Two weeks ago i wrote "...if i turn away from God, today will be why." At that time i was still raw with confusion and disappointment.

I could have written "if i stop believing in God, today will be why."

But it would have been a lie.

Over the past fortnight I've had the closest I've come to a crisis of faith. But not a crisis of belief.

The difference? When you have a crisis of faith you wonder if you want to follow God due to what He is like. Alternatively, with a crisis of belief, you doubt that there is a God at all.

In spite of everything that has gone down over the last year, I've not questioned the existence of God. My experiences haven't dulled the evidence.

And with time and helpful conversations I'm wading my way through the crisis of faith.

No comments: