Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Convicting yourself

I am a hoarder.

I assume there are meetings for people like me. Anonymous meetings. And 12 step programs. And episodes of Dr Phil that deal with my condition.

I horde books. I horde miscellaneous files that "could come in handy one day." I collect everything that i produce in any given year of ministry.

Consequently, I have stored up years worth of studies, sermons and handouts.

And over the last few weeks this has been surprisingly helpful.

During that time I've organised all the paperwork from 2010 and created new separate pages from my blog on past series' and introductory posts (you may have spotted them just above). Can you tell it is school holidays???

The reason this hording and organisation has been surprisingly useful is simple... I've had to read what I've done in the past.

I've read dozens of sermons and youth group talks and skimmed hundreds of blog posts.

And I've been challenged by what I've written myself.

Challenged by my own words about God's faithfulness.
Stirred by the way i could articulate the Christian message.
Confronted that those truths are still as real today as they were when i wrote them.

No comments: