Monday, November 8, 2010

Having the others back

Yesterday i made a mistake.

After a day of two church services, spilt by a five hour visions planning day and an encroaching bout of sickness, i headed home.

And this was my mistake. I should have stayed. I should have had my co-workers back.

But i didn't.

I left a my male minister chatting alone with a female young adult.

Now... They could have left the building 43.25 seconds after a departed and I am absolutely comfortable that nothing untoward occurred. BUT i should have stayed.

The reason? I left him vulnerable.

I should have had has back. I should have stuck around.

The New Testament says that leaders should be above reproach and that if anyone made an accusation against them that it would be deemed laughable by all.

Last night i left the door of accusation open just a crack. And that was my mistake...

No comments: