Monday, October 20, 2008

Will my fond feelings last???

I'm aware it has been a while since i last posted the exciting happenings in my world...

I was meant to mention this on Friday... but life got in the way.

While in the backstreets of Cromer a guy approached me and asked about Cecil (my car for those not in the know). The, admittedly weird, guy said that he himself owned a Cressida in the past and mentioned two things that i never asked to hear.

His Cressida was the best car he ever owned...And he now owns a Merc.

It got me thinking... Will i be mentioning my beloved Cecil to random people when I'm wandering the streets in middle age?

Will the passionate love i hold for Cecil still be aflame in decades time?

Sadly... and with mild hopefulness... I'm thinking it won't be the case.

Every car i have in the future will be better than Cecil. They won't break down and they won't be lit up with warning lights.

More importantly, i hope i never stop people to talk to them about my worn down, beat up Cressida.

No comments: