Thursday, October 9, 2008

A public appology

Over the last day or so I've been pondering my dating history. Truth be told, it should have been a short ponder. In my entire life life I've been in a committed dating relationship (aside from the women that became my wife) for a grand total of around three months, encompassing one woman.

I owe a lot to her. In fact, i think my wife owes her more...

In short, the woman deserves a public apology. From around December 2002 to February 2003 i dated a co-worker from Big W. Because it was around the Christmas and going-back-to-school rush we saw each often. Most days in fact. Just not alone and not on a date. In our time together we went on four things which could be called dates.

I don't think i called her ever.

Strangely enough... she dumped me. Over the phone.

In response to this, i was single for nine months and then treated my next girlfriend a thousand times better then the previous sheila in my life.

To Penny... wherever you are... i apologise. As Timbaland would remind me... It's too late to apologise... it's too late...

I sucked. I see that now and openly acknowledge it. But we all suck at our first relationship. I fumbled through it and generally made a meal out of the whole thing.

My now wife should take you out for dinner, buy you a few drinks, take you shopping and give you a hug (actually, the two of you hanging out would freak me out, so just pretend). She gained the benefit from the neglect i put you through.

No comments: