Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Moist ipods

Today at work my ipod died. The reason? It got moist. Working in the rain, it was inevitable.

I enjoy the word moist. It's like ointment. It makes you feel all creepy just saying it. Moist ointment... what a great combination.

Due to my technological impairment I'm wondering about two things...

First, I wonder how much time i will save at work over the next few days. I always was curious exactly how much time i wasted by having to stop and adjust my ipod periodically. This little thing could make a lasting impression on my speed. I always thought that the same thing went across many fields. For example... How much procrastination time would you save if you disabled solitaire and minesweeper from your computer? How much more would you pray on public transport if you didn't have games on your phone? How much more work would i have done if my old office wasn't beside a pool table and i stopped to play every half hour???

Second, whilst i was working in the silence of my thoughts i became aware of the quiet beeping sounds my work phone constantly makes. Over the last six months i had forgot that this quiet beeping followed me all day. Today i realised just how much we miss because we are plugged into technology...

No comments: