Friday, April 17, 2015

Are you stronger in communication or theology?

I read a lot of blogs. Everyday. 

On my feedly page there are 559 blogs which I follow, 47 on the topics of speaking, communication and preaching.

This means I'm, at least aware, of WAY too much information on making speeches or giving presentations.

I know about the 10/20/30 rule.
I know about the rule of thirds.
In fact, I know way more than I do, or even could, put into practice.

Would I be alone if I said that I'm more up-to-date in the area of communication than I am in theology?

Sure, on feedly I also follow hundreds of blogs about church, religion and faith, but, I wonder if the balance of "keeping relevant" and "giving a smooth presentation" is in danger of swinging too far towards communication over theology...

No comments: