Friday, January 23, 2009

Ministry souvenirs

Today i finally cleaned out my old office (it has only been a year...) and seven boxes of books later there was one empty bookcase.

While i was there Liam mentioned that he was leaving behind the office printer which he was "donating." For a while it saddened me. Neil left a glass topped coffee table for the office and now Liam was leaving a souvenir of the printer. What was i leaving? The office lizard?

Well... As i dropped the boxes of books to my folks' place, it occurred to me that i was leaving behind a forgotten memento.

In the senior space is a knee high wooden coffee table table. I made it during my last year in woodwork.

It's strange the things you leave behind you once you depart from a ministry. I suppose i should have got a brass plaque to make it all official looking... oh well.

No comments: