Tuesday, August 12, 2008

How I got here

It may seem weird, since I'm the only one reading this, but i should begin to explain just how the heck I got to be where i am at the moment.

I left the church i was the youth minister for at the end of last year, my first church position and my original home church. After a dozen years, including three on staff, it was time to move on.

Trouble was, i didn't have a position to move onto. I did numerous interviews, even getting to the point where i had to turn a job down (I'm sure I'll explain why later), but ended up in the "not working for a church, running out of money, annoying my wife, getting more desperate" place in the universe.

So this year has been about finding a youth ministry position, reading water meters in the meantime.

To make sure this year is not a waste, i decided to listen to God (useful when you are floating in no-mans-land) and reflect on my time in ministry (hopefully, before i continue on the journey).

So... if I'm going to write it down anyway, i may as well fill up space in the WWW, not create piles of paper around my place.

No comments: