Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Catholic Challenge

With World Youth Day/Week over and a month having gone past I've wondered what the Catholic Church has done since.

Before the event the Catholic Church, by the majority of the public, was seen as rather out of touch.

During the event the church was seen as an out of touch organisation putting on a MASSIVE event with the leader having funky shoes.

Now... I've heard nothing. No commercials. No statements. No increased activity (at least from what i have seen).

I wonder if any people who checked out a Catholic Church are still there. I hope so, but i fear they never turned up, or have since gone back home.

Either way, I'm not sure the 10+ million dollars they spent on the event has been worth it in the long run. Their young people may have been encouraged, but will they still be talking about it by the end of the year?

No comments: