Friday, May 6, 2022

Being on the other side of scripture teaching

When I was a youth minister I taught a lot of scripture in local school. A lot.

At the school I currently teach at the scripture timetable was just released for the term ahead.

Frankly, it’s annoying. It’s inconvenient. It’s a little unpopular.

And, I’ve been on the verge of complaining about the effect it will have on my classes.

But, that would make me a massive hypocrite.

Why? 

Because, when I was the scripture teacher, I expected that the school would accomodate scripture. 

Now, I can’t whinge that I’m the one who needs to step aside.

And, if I think that scripture served/serves an important purpose, then I need to be prepared to allow that to cost me a timetabled lesson.

Even if it means that I need to bite my tongue in the staff room and be prepared  wear the heat for an interrupted timetable.

No comments: