Sunday, August 12, 2012

Donation envelopes

I've never claimed to be original. In fact, if I think an idea will work then I'll give it a shot.

Today I tried an amazing fundraising method (is it sad that I was going to use the word scheme?!?).

When I first saw the concept (I have no idea where it was) it was promoted as "the easiest way to raise $5000". All you need to do is label 100 envelopes 1-100 and invite people to choose an envelope with the numerical equivalent to the amount they are willing to donate (eg, if they select the envelope with the number 20 then they need to fill the envelope with (at least) $20).

This morning I started with 30 envelopes (which would bring in more than $450) and they proved to be a hugely effective way to raise funds towards the 2012 batch of HSC Survival Packs.

UPDATE: I found it here.

No comments: