Sunday, April 22, 2012

Why Ramblings on the Way?

If each day had a significant word, today's would have been journey.

All week I've been thinking about the topic since it was the central gist of the church service I lead this morning and the thrust of my sermon.

But the theme also popped up in the evening service, was interwoven through a few emails, and appeared during the program I was listening to coming home from church.

All this reminded me why I chose the title of my blog.

This blog is often a ramble.

It will probably never be turned into a best-selling book and has been littered with liberal doses with grammatical... umm... specialness.

But this blog contains the ramblings of a journey about a life trying to follow and serve Jesus.

This blog is a jumble of thoughts which account for this phase of my journey, shaped by what has happened in my past and where I want the journey to go in the future.

It is a journey clouded with troubles and doubts. It is a journey of victories and defeats. And in the midst of the ups and downs, it is a journey with God.

And ultimately the Way is not my own. It is in the hands of God.

It may have taken more than a thousand posts, but that is what I was reminded of this week and what jogged through my mind in August 2008.

No comments: