In fact, I can barely think of a distinctly Christian film that I enjoy. Certainly not one that I’d choose to watch a second time for entertainment or enjoyment.
The same can’t exactly be said now that I’m a history teacher.
I can think of plenty of historical films which I’ve enjoyed.
There’s plenty that I’ll gladly rewatch.
But, there’s some films that I’m meant to like that I don’t.
And, as a history teacher, it’s my secret shame.
I don’t like Gallipoli.
I don’t like Jojo Rabbit.
I find one slow and boring.
I find the other silly and boring.
Frankly, I’ll do all I can to avoid showing them to my classes.
Despite how much some of my colleagues love the movies…
No matter if this opinion threatens my membership of the History Teachers Association…
I. Don’t. Like. Them.
I may show the trailers. Out of a sense of duty.
I may show a selected clip (because only the final 8 minutes of Gallipoli is worth watching).
But, I’ll quietly seethe if I am forced to rewatch either of these films for “educational purposes.”
No comments:
Post a Comment