Friday, February 10, 2023

What should I expect from non-Christians during times of extended prayer?

Christians do plenty of things which are weird. Especially at first.

One of the weirdest must be prayer.

To the unbeliever, it must be baffling.

Particularly times of extended prayer.

During church services, times of prayer can be politely endured. You only need to be silent for a few minutes.

But, how does a newbie feel about lengthy prayer in smaller groups?

10 minutes…

20 minutes…

Half an hour…

Within my small group, it’s not unusual for times of shared prayer to eclipse 30 minutes.

So… how would a fresh churchgoer feel about this?

Bored?

Amused?

Confused?

Could they remain civil like I was during multi-faith scripture services in schools?

Whenever I’m exposed to prayers of another faith I’m… unmoved.

I don’t feel any power nor significant presence.

So, should I expect anything different by those outside of the Christian faith?


No comments: