Friday, December 4, 2020

Summer goals

Full time uni = no time blogging.

Well, with the University year now concluded, I can get back to doing all the things which have been absorbed by the study monster.

Frankly, while my marks will indicate that this year has been fairly manageable, my sleep patterns would suggest otherwise.

In a post-uni Summer I’m going to do a few things which have been thrown off kilter in a two full COVID university semesters.

1 - Get back to the gym. When I started going to the gym regularly a few years ago I was 78kg. By the end of last year I was 81kg. While I didn’t blow out too much  during the COVID lockdown, I’m now 83kg.

Notice a trend?

My aim, over the summer, will be to get back to 78kg. Hopefully less. 

And getting back to a 32 inch waist, while only a 1.5 inch reduction, will be nice.


2 - Do an audit of the near 1400 Tiny Bible Bits posts from the last 9 years. I’ve never kept track of the passages I’ve used or the points I have made. So far, I’ve done 2 years worth of posts and... it’s taking a while. With a handful of hours each week, I should be done in a few months. I’m looking forward to seeing the results and discovering what points I’ve unknowingly recycled and what has been the places/themes I’ve touched on the most.


3 - Complete the German Duolingo course. I’ve been learning German, being now married to a half-German, since March 2018. I’ve only got a few dozen topics to completely finish and I’ve already got my next language in mind...


4 - Read 2 non-fiction books. I’ve now actually got time...


5 - Stop bitting my fingernails. I’ve tried to do this before, and was actually doing ok at it pre-COVID, but I used the global pandemic as an excuse to stop trying.


6 - Blog twice a week. I’ve got lots of topics up my sleeve. 


7 - Do all the health things which I’ve been putting off - general checkup with the GP, dentist, optometrist, skin check & actually finding out what my private health coverage entitles me to.


The aim will be to provide an update each month. Hopefully that will provide further inspiration to actually achieve some of the goals... and have a productive summer. Uni starts back at the end of February.

No comments: