Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Summer goals update #1

Four weeks ago I set myself 7 Summer goals.

How am I going?

1 - With my part of Sydney now going through another round of COVID lockdown, my gym has been shut. When I started my goals at the start of the month I was 83kg. My health app thinks that I got down to mid-82kg, I’m now post-Christmas back up to 84. My gym is scheduled to open in another week. Of course, twisting my ankle at work would mean that my gym activity would have been restricted at the moment anyway.

2 - I’ve currently recorded every Tiny Bible Bit going back to the start of 2016, including a three month sabbatical which I’d completely forgotten. So, I’m around 800 posts down...

3 - Duolingo still has 13 topics to complete... well on track for the end of next month.

4 - I just finished reading the Horrible Histories of the two world wars - fitting for a future history teacher who did no modern history - and I know the book (fiction!) I’m planning on reading next.

5 - Initially I ceased gnawing my fingernails for a good week. And then lockdown struck. As I’ve had to enter hot zones every day, my children are within a restricted zone and our Christmas plans were thrown into chaos, the fingernail preservation was put on hold.

I never thought that my chomping had to do with stress (I always thought it had to do with boredom), but anxiety may be a larger contributor than I assumed...

6 - Blogging has gone up ever so slightly... but not too much.

7 - Finally, every medical duty is still on the to-do list...

Hopefully, by the end of January, numbers 1, 5 & 6 will be back on track, numbers 2 & 3 completed and numbers 4 & 7 halfway through...

No comments: