Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sprinting from the start line

You want to make a good impression...
You want to snatch up opportunities as they arise...
You want to blaze new paths...
You want to "experience everything at least once"...
You want others to think they can call on you...

I'm going to start a new ministry position some time in 2013 (the sooner the better!), all going well, so my mind has been wandering amongst new beginnings.

When I began my current position I said yes to a lot of things.
This I won't change going into my next placement.

But, due to many of the above reasons, went beyond just saying yes and made a number of commitments.
This I would change.

For I fell into the common trap of setting a starting pace which I couldn't commit to long term.

I've seen up close and walked-a-mile-in-the-shoes of those who have, regrettably, had to change their initial yes into a remorseful no...
It's a path I'm not particularly keen to retread. 

No comments: