Friday, June 1, 2012

The translation for that is???

Here is a list of words. Tell me what the opposite of what each words is.
Your task is to count the number of photos on that noticeboard and tell me the answer.

Above are two instructions I tried, or aborted, due to the changing nature of my kids club.

Like many communities, the area of my church is in transition. Elderly people are selling up and apartments are springing up everywhere.

Ultimately this means three things. First, more people nearby. Second, younger people nearby (particularly younger families). And third, more migrants in the area.

Now these three results are all positive (which church doesn't want to reach more people?!?).

But our new neighbours mean an unforeseen challenge.

How do you communicate with kids would don't have a firm grasp of English?
How do you explain games, or more importantly, the gospel message?

Do you try and learn one word a week (for example I could have learnt the Korean word for opposite or count in the starting instructions) to help get your point across?

Honestly, I don't know the answer.

But I am looking forward to the challenge and, positively, it has only arisen because new kids are turning up.

No comments: