Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Today, when the series finished

For a while i hadn't been reading any fiction. I didn't keep me awake at night, but it was on my radar. My wife reads a stack of fiction and normally I'm reading a book vaguely related to my work or the church.

My main issue was that i had no fiction books that i had any desire to read. The only book that i remembered having a glimmer of interest (and an easy read) back in school was Tomorrow, When the War Began. An additional trouble? It is a series of 7 books, plus three further novels.

Without being overly bothered, i dropped the idea.

Fortunately my wife, independently, decided that she wanted to read the "Tomorrow" books. My literary decision was made for me.

And this morning, after 3000 odd pages and a couple of weeks, i finished the 7th book.

Now pass the apologetics/leadership/theology/Christian growth...

2 comments:

Claire said...

I tried to read that series ages and ages ago. Made it to the third put and put it down never to be piked up again...

Claire said...

or picked up either.