Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Theory of Cosby Show

If you didn't get the connection from my last post, it was based off a quote from The Simpsons.

I was sure Claire would know because she is engulfed by the Theory of Simpsonalogy (she even coined the term).

In short, the theory states that everything can be connected to The Simpsons. You just need to know enough of the Simpsons to make the link.

But i wonder, did the same thing happen in the past with other long running, popular television shows?

Were you hip and cool if you could quickly make links to The Cosby Show, MASH or The Honeymooners?

Nothing would say that you are in touch like being able to connect the salvation story to an episode of Full House or Alf.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Firstly, I love this particular blog post :)
But secondly, it's "Simpsonality" not Simpsonalogy.
As for the question. I guess it depends on how many seasons the show lasts. And, I guess how much the show handles the everyday things of life.
I reckon Seinfeld would be close, if not there.