Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Redefining Egypt

As of 12:53pm yesterday i am finished reading water meters.

Hopefully, i will never have to do it again.

Unless things get bad.

Real bad.

In fact, UGL (the company i
technically used to work for) will become my new personal Egypt.

Whilst the newly established Hebrew nation wandered in the desert there were grumblers who would demand that they turned around and return to Egypt (seemingly forgetting how bad it was back there) whenever things weren't peachy.

In the past my Egypt was Big W and whenever i had a really crappy day i would pine for the "good old days" back in the layby department.

The co-worker at my original church had his own Egypt. BP.

You could judge a day by the amount you desired to return to Egypt.

Now i am torn. Do i keep the old number of my boss in my phone? He said i would be welcomed back.

How quickly do i throw out my old uniform? (Don't even mention that i get to keep the old clothes... TOTAL DODGE!)

Or, could the above be signs that I'm keeping the flame of Egypt alive?

1 comment: