Monday, March 29, 2010

Palm rituals

Between church services yesterday i learnt that the spouse of my senior minister had never made a miniature cross out of a folded Palm tree frond.

I was stunned.

It outwardly made me doubt her salvation.

Concerningly, i later discovered that there were others at church who had not partaken in the Palm Sunday tradition.

I knew i had no other choice.

I had to intervene.

So last night i lead the entire congregation in making Palm branch crosses.

If i had made Palm crosses ever Palm Sunday of my church life, then i wouldn't miss out this year.

Now that i have introduced this to a new church i can only hope that one day their young people will have to annually perform the ritual.

Then they could make small crosses in a medically induced coma like i probably can.

No comments: