Sunday, December 13, 2009

Church name tags

I hate wearing name tags.

In hell i would be wearing a name tag.

On other people they are great... especially when they wear them outside of the workplace and forget they are wearing them... but on me i think they suck. I think a part of the hate is associated with the knowledge that others will know my name without my expressed consent. Maybe i have underlying, deeper issues...

This morning i had to wear my church name tag since i was preaching. Whenever i go to the oldies service i wear it. Firstly, so the oldies will know my name, and secondly, because my ministers wife (who is lovely) got the badge for me and she was going to be in attendance.

The saddest thing? An oldie looked straight at the name badge when they forgot my name and the ensuing awkwardness was quickly dissipated.

It annoys me when things I'm not fond of have a useful purpose...

No comments: