Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Extraverted Introvert

Over the last few weeks at church I've been playing an up-front roll, either preaching or leading the services.

At another blog the author had the same personality type indicator that is on mine. He then wondered if he was seen in an accurate personality-type light by others in his church.

Like me, he was statistically quite an introvert, but would be displayed publicly as the opposite.

For instance, last Sunday i spent all dinner sprucing free stuff that our church was giving away. If you didn't leave with a vegetable steamer, herb storage device and an organiser, then you didn't stick around for dinner.

I think most people at church would be surprised to find that I'm a dominate introvert. It doesn't mean I'm overly shy, just weary around people I'm unfamiliar with and it takes a bit of energy to be around groups of people.

It would be a fair explanation why i love to read the papers for a few hours by myself between services.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Yeah. I'm introverted but am actually kinda shy around new people and hate doing the meeting new people thing.
Personality type doesn't dictate everything.