Monday, July 27, 2009

Picture perfect?

Today i wondered about my darling wife and the initial blossoming of our relationship.

Actually, it took a while for the memories to flood back.

I had almost completely forgotten the message from Ange i received whilst at college saying that she liked me (i was absolutely clueless by the way...).

I barely recalled the awful trial i had to endure to ask Ange out. Yes, it took three tries and, at one point, involved screaming across a church.

I only have scattered flashbacks of our first date.

But I totally remember our first kiss, that's a very romantic story....

My ponderings this afternoon? Did other people give us a chance of working out? Was our pairing given the initial thumbs up?

I asked my parents today and they don't even remember meeting Ange for the first time.

Ange seems to think that we generally had an affirmative vibe from others.

But i have no clue what our parents really thought. Or our sisters, who have known one another since year 7. Or our church friends. Or our non-Christian friends.

Hmmm... Did we defy the odds???

5 comments:

Gavin said...

What about our first kiss?

Graham said...

The first kiss between Ange and I was very romantic.

The first kiss between Gavin and I was an abomination abgainst God and love itself.

I don't have memories of the event, instead, mental trauma. Deep, deep, mental trauma.

kim said...

a hook up on the steyne dance floor is not a romantic story

Liam said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Gav would give Ange a run for her money.

Gavin said...

Liam you sound like your interested as well....

Kim, there is nothing more romantic then you and Mateaus having a tongue fight on the dance floor of the Steyne.