Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Meeting questions

Lately I've been inundated with meetings. Church council meetings, congregational meetings, staff meetings, youth leader planning meetings, Challenge Camp team leaders meetings have been in my life over the last week or are on the agenda.

With this is mind, I've pondered my attitudes to meetings and the questions that go through my mind beforehand.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been driving to a meeting thinking "I hope this meeting will be worth the effort." Or "I hope this meeting will be better than the last, or at least quicker." Or worse, "I hope I make it out of this meeting without getting any added jobs or responsibility."

Maybe that's me right...

But if this attitude is not just mine, i wonder if the reason is because of the kind of meetings we put people through. Or does the solution rest in the lap of the person running the meeting and setting the agenda?


Either way, what would happen if our meetings revolved less around agendas and more about chiming unto what God is doing and seeing His will being done?

No comments: