Thursday, December 4, 2008

Breaking the tenth

Today, while working at Palm Beach, i broke the tenth commandment. I saw something of someone elses that i desired. Highly. From the street, i saw a matching Cecil parked on a front lawn. It was immaculate. Pristine. Shiny even.

And i wanted it.

Now, it's not the first time I've seen a matching Cecil. There's one in Seaforth, one around Hornsby and now one at Palm Beach. But it was different today.

Today was one day removed from my delightful Cecil's latest molesting of my wallet. This week i had to fix a slight problem. I was leaking brake fluid (even though I'm not mechanically inclined in the least, I'm fairly certain that you require brake fluid, or your chances of of dying behind the wheel increases).

So i coveted thine neighbours vehicle. Or at least it's ability to retain brake fluid, its original muffler, original alternator, undented rear panels, dashboard without warning lights, original tyres, original car battery, continually working brakes, unsnapped antenna, front headlight that isn't held on by gaffer and intact front bumper.

But i suppose these minor character traits are what separate Cecil from the others...

No comments: