What would be the key word associated with your gospel presentation?
Of course, the answer should be Jesus.
But, what other words would be attached to your gospel message?
If given the options, would someone attach the term life or death first?
Ultimately, both should be included.
You are alive now.
You will die.
Then you will be judged.
Then eternal life could be your reward.
Jesus offers you this life.
This could be your… albeit not great… gospel presentation.
For some, this is the message they hear.
And, if this is the messaging, then clinging life or death to the message is perfectly understandable.
But, if your gospel message is mainly about death, then this will have a tragic outcome.
It can be postponed.
For, I’m not planning on dying for decades.
I can put off thinking about religion until I’m sick.
Or old.
I can, if I play my cards right, make a deathbed conversion and “game the system.”
Or… my gospel message can be focussed on life.
Life eternal.
Starting now.
Life with Jesus.
Life guided by the Holy Spirit.
Life in community.
If this is central to your message, then a response should be made while you have a lot more living to do.
It doesn’t get postponed.
In fact, delaying the decision, results in you missing out.
Instead of indulging yourself until the last moment, you’ll see that life under The Great Shepherd is actually “life to the full.”
This is what the gospel truely offers.
Life. From now.
Not just life insurance to be cashed in once you die.
No comments:
Post a Comment