Friday, April 7, 2023

The blog killer 2.0

You, dear reader, know my name. It’s in the www of this blog.
You may also know things about my family from various blog posts.

You should know my previous profession - I worked as a youth minister for more than a dozen years.

But, I never stated directly where I worked.
I usually avoided even mentioning the suburbs my church was located in.

But, a short amount of googling would have quickly informed you.

Now, in my new job, I still don’t mention too many details.

Sure, I’ll mention that I’m a teacher, but never where I work.

Yet, with some determined internet sleuthing, you could fill in the gaps.

This puts me in a potentially awkward position.

For, technically, I either need to remain completely anonymous or do no more than share that I’m a non-description teacher.

Currently, that’s all I try and do.

Students still can’t find me.
Not really.
They’ve tried.
In my presence.

But, what happens if the truth emerges?

Frankly, I’m not sure.

I previously wrote that a minister of the church I worked for, with adequate justification, could kill or suspend my blog.

Now, I guess, a principal or overarching education code-of-conduct could do the same… 

No comments: