Friday, October 7, 2011

Alien assult?

According to this story religion would 'take a blow' if advanced alien life was discovered.

I'm not convinced it would.

I've previously written how I easily live with the uncertainty of aliens.

Remember, the bible doesn't say anything about cats either. Or Kangaroos. Or coffee. Or television. Or... you get my point?

The bible doesn't speak about them because it doesn't need to. It's not primarily (or even peripherally) about them. It is about God, humanity and the world. The bible gives all the details for reconciliation between God and people that is required.

I can't see how 'the Christian belief system does not easily allow for other intelligent beings in the universe...'

Perhaps I'm a tad simple, but my answer seems more reasonable than the ones given in the article.

No comments: